Friday, September 17, 2004

Real smiles come and go like the breath of a warm breeze.
Fake ones stay and linger on like leeches; like a stubborn stench that makes an impression and refuses to leave. And you always wonder why.
My eyes do hear what my ears don't. I pray they were blind enough to make mistakes.
I threw all my defences down. And now in a rueful cringe, I pained myself to build a strong armour.
Gentle now and be careful, for there will always be nails beneath a cotton ball.
You don't hear much anymore into your ears what they once were honeyed with.
Cos I don't much anymore into mine.
So I'll climb and see what happens.
If I see the sunrise I'll be glad.
But I've never asked for the mount to turn rough against me, for I was always planting something beautiful, only to have them yanked away with rolling stones.
But I know that no matter how I climb, a sunrise will still shine on me.
And I thank God for blessing my days and lighting my paths and holding me in his arms to carry me through hard days when I'm almost broken.
Thank you, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

| Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com