Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It just suddenly hit me. After a whole humid day of immersing my face in the green book of compulsory article reading, and finally having completed the harrowing ordeal of 4 weeks of reading that thick Kim Wilkins novel, that I realised, I am all alone. All alone pounding away at my computer. It doesn't sound too good. Laughter and music streak the night with merry making. That's what I hear above me. A received message on my phone about a great night out with some friends. I see pictures of familiar faces smiling in groups and I can't help but to feel that pang of gnawing envy in my guts. No one around to even talk to. No place to go to. Perhaps I'm just a little weary from a whole day's work. Maybe it's just the awful stack of assignments that i've got to plough through. Perhaps that's just stress. It magnifies lonliness i guess. Or any other negative feelings for that matter. My coffee cup's empty now. My work does not seem to diminish. An early class tomorrow. Yet I can't be in the right frame of mind to rest. Burnt out brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

| Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com