Thursday, April 21, 2005

Under Napalm

Falling embers, struck their devils’ tridents
And broke through our fragile abode.
The sky mushed.
The fields drowned and died.
Animalistic screams sucked out from the mouths
Of those who saw hell,
Abundant and falling from the blemished, burnt skin of the black sky.
The worst of storms roared in its fury.

Suffocating pink clouds roped by the winds
Down in spirals through my throat.
And then I felt the first sting,
The searing through my flesh
Scraping down to its rawness.
I coughed out a scream,
In unison with the rest of the burning villagers
And my feet ran.

The shards under my feet sliced through
As I fled and flew and flapped my wings
All bright in blood under the grilling flames.
I waved a thousand hands but none
Saw through all the pandemonium at me.

Choking and gasping and burning and crying.
The fumes removed what air I had in me to breathe,
To keep alive my life, however little there was left.
I felt my skin die. Charred and cracked
As I disintegrated into the ground.
The waves of heat killed my tears
And smarted my eyes and dried them up.
The whimpers I cried croaked from my cooked lips, black,

My spirits withered like the petals of smoke
That licked the earth, descending.
I thought I'd say another time
To my mother, how I loved her.
But my chances were swift now gone forever
As I slowly laid still in a shrivelled coaled up bag of skin.

1 Comments:

Blogger C.Pattiserie said...

hmmmm....very scary post.. i can just imagine....like LORD OF THE RING like that ....scary....

3 May 2005 at 19:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home

| Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com